Posted October 14, 2010on:
Unlike many, I don’t love fall. At least, I don’t love all the typical fall-y things that are so popular this time of year. I don’t like pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkins are not actually in season yet where I live–watermelon was offered in my CSA share this week. The leaves don’t really change color here. October means eight more months til summer vacation and parent-teacher conferences.
There are, however, a few things that make this time of year kind of nice deep in the heart of Texas, though they may not be as traditional as an apple pie-scented candle:
- It’s cool enough in the mornings to drive to work with my windows down.
- Our electricity bill is smaller.
- Lettuce is in season again.
- On that note, we get CSA shares again, after several months without.
- It’s finally not too hot to cook soup.
Happy fall, whether you enjoy it with lettuce or pumpkin muffins.